pygamelib - documentation¶
- base (deprecated)
This python3 module is a base for the programming lessons of the Hyrule Astronomy Club. It is not meant to be a comprehensive game building library.
It is however meant (and used) to teach core programming concept to kids from age 6 to 13.
First of all, his module is exclusively compatible with python 3.6+ (f-string rules).
Here is an example of what the current version allow to build:
- The base game makes use of:
- The main “game engine” (gamelib.Game.Game)
- Many different types of structures (from gamelib.Structures), like:
- Wall (well the walls…),
- Treasure (gems and money bag),
- GenericStructure (trees),
- GenericActionnableStructure (hearts and portals).
- Game()’s menu capabilities.
- Player and NPC (from gamelib.Characters)
- Inventory (from gamelib.Inventory)
- Player and Inventory stats
- Simple actuators (gamelib.SimpleActuators) like:
- RandomActuator (NPCs in level 2),
- PathActuator (NPCs in level 1).